We enjoy every moment, and keep a full schedule. We share the love of travel and believe it helps to keep us grounded, cultured and well-rounded.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The happy and the sad...

The holidays are a celebration of love, happiness and family. The holidays tends to bring out a mix of emotions.



Happiness and celebration and also at times, sadness and heartache.

On December 18, 2009 we lost my younger cousin Erin Potts to Ewings Sarcoma. Her mother, my dad's sister, Mary (Woods)Potts carriers on her memory through her blog posts(http://inspiredbyerin.blogspot.com), as well as a countless number of activites, including an annual blood drive on Erin's birthday.




Picture from 'Inspired by Erin'.



This year we lost my Uncle Bruce Baker (December 9th), he was 80 years old 1 day short of his 81st birthday.



Photo by: James W Baker Photography (my cousin)



Most of the Baker Bunch at Ashlee's (white dress on right, not to be confused with her twin sister white dress on left) wedding this year.

Not only was my uncle an inspiration, he was extra special to my immediate family because he was the person who introduced my mom and dad to eachother.

Here is a brief story of how they met in my dad's words:

In my second year in the Army I was looking for a place to stay for a few months. Bruce and I knew each other as he consulted with the Army in the building where I was stationed. Bruce asked me if I would like to sleep in his basement (there was a bedroom down there) and I took him up on it. Sue came down to visit Mary and Bruce in August of 1971 and stayed 3 weeks. I asked her out the first night and we went out the entire 3 weeks she was there. After finishing the service in December of 1971, I returned to Chicago and Sue amd I saw each other every weekend as we took turns commuting to Chicago or Milwaukee. We were married in Milwaukee in January of 1974.





This Christmas Season, I am going to be extra thankful for the support of family, love of friends, and good health.



Merry Christmas to you and yourse.

No comments: